The Resurrection School Foundation is a not-for-profit legal entity (501(c)(3)) formed in 2006. This status allows contributions to the fund to be tax deductible.
The Foundation's purpose is to support Resurrection School's Mission and to provide funds:
- To enhance Resurrection's educational environment
- To increase academic and athletic programs
- To fund the "tuition gap" - the difference between tuition and the actual cost of educating a student at Resurrection
- To provide tuition assistance to those in need
- To minimize future tuition increases and preserve affordability for everyone
As with other private and independent schools, Resurrection does not receive funding from the state or the Archdiocese. Tuition covers approximately 81% of the annual cost to educate a student. This budget shortfall or "tuition gap" is closed each year by funds from the Annual Fund, other PTO and Father's Club fund raising events and Resurrection Parish.
The Foundation has established an Annual Fund campaign to raise money in support of these efforts and allow us to leverage corporate matching gifts, as well as gifts from individuals and institutions outside Resurrection School.
In addition to the current parents of Resurrection School students, the Annual Fund works to receive support from alumni, parents of alumni, grandparents, faculty and staff, parishioners, foundations, and corporate matching gift programs.
All parents are asked to participate in the Annual Fund. Strong parent participation sends a clear message to corporations and other outside funding sources of their commitment to the school and to their children.